Friday, June 17, 2011

Writer's Block or Why Being an Amateur Writer Sucks

Have you ever noticed that the best ideas you ever have are late at night when you're supposed to be going to sleep? And then in the morning when you get up and you realize what a great idea it was, you go to write it down and nothing is there. It's a blank slate.
I bring up this woeful topic since I'm writing a fanfiction right now (yup, that's right. Feel free to roll your eyes) and every night I get in bed and suddenly *BAM* ten zillion ideas zooming around.
"Have your characters meet like this, have them talk like this, here's a conversation they can have, here's how they should act around each other, this is a sexual-tension scene they should have." On and on, and every idea seems better than the last. And right before you fall asleep you think, "I'm gonna get up and write down all these ideas like a boss and then my fanfic will be the best thing that anybody's ever read. I'm gonna get book deals off this thing! Oprah will restart her show just to have me on there!"
Next ,morning, I'm up... later in the day, "It's writing time! Now what did I think up last night...?" Nothing. It's just not there.
I'm supposed to be going to bed now. I will yet again have great ideas. I will forget them. My fanfic will never get published.
But if it does... I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment